BOOMER PAGE SIXTIES PICTURE INSTRUCTIONS (This is really easy, not as complicated as it looks)
~~~~PRINT THESE INSTRUCTIONS OUT~~~~
1. Send me your picture. (LadyAnnne at aol.com OR Anne at packrat-pro.com)
I will use regular screen name for both unless I hear differently from you. See red note below.
2. I will crop, adjust, format your picture, and send it back in a jpg format.
3. Follow the instructions below.
4. Tell me when you have uploaded your picture and I will do the linking on the page.
6. Backup the picture from your hard drive to a disk.
BIG NOTE HERE:
DECIDE WHAT SCREEN NAME YOU WANT TO USE CAREFULLY.
IF YOU CHANGE YOUR SCREEN NAME, YOU KILL YOUR PICTURE AND PAGE.
* * SIXTIES PICTURE INSTRUCTIONS * *
Items in red are very important
Items in blue are what you type in
1. Download the picture I send to Aol/download
Do not change the title of the file in any way!!!!
Write down the file name exactly as they are listed in the e-mail - NO CAPS, NO CHANGES
2. In AOL, go to "Keyword" on your top task bar, then "Go to Keyword"' from the drop down menu
3. Type in 'ftp'
This will open the "My FTP Space" window
4. Click on "Anonymous Ftp" in the center of the window
This will open a new window called "Anonymous FTP"
5. Scroll down the listed options and highlight "members.aol.com"
Click on the "connect" button"
This will open a new window called "connected"
6. Click on "OK"
This will open a new window called "members.aol.com/your screen name"
Listed there will be all your aol page files
Upload the picture I sent:
1. Click on 'upload', fourth option from the left at the bottom
This will open a new small window titled "members.aol.com"
2. In the remote file name box, type in the name of the picture I sent JUST as I sent it
"filename.jpg" NO CAPS, NO CHANGES
3. Change the transfer mode to "Binary", NOT "ASCII"
4. Click on "Continue"
This will open a new window called "Upload file"
5. Click on "Select File"
This will open a new window called "Attach File"
6. Select the jpg file I sent from your aol/download file on hard drive,
This will return you to the "Upload File" window
7. Click on "send" - the file will upload from your hard drive to Aol's computer
8. Click on "Ok" in the "File Transfer Complete" window
9. Close all windows - you are DONE!
Let me know the picture has been uploaded.
I can check them here, and then I will link the page and picture up to the Boomer Picture page!
Then, BACKUP the picture onto a floppy just in case.
I do not have it here any more!!
If you change your name, your picture goes bye bye.
It does not matter what name you choose to place your picture on, the main screen name of is HIGHLY recommended.
Just make sure I know the screen name you chose if it is different than your normal screen name.